The Cloud – What’s it all about?
Cloud computing is about putting more of your material out there and less on costly servers within your business.
Cloud Hosting – Virtual dedicated servers
If you could you would host your website on a dedicated server. Your own server and all that power, CPU and processing speed just for your website and not being shared with anybody! However dedicated servers are not cheap and this is where virtual dedicated servers on cloud become an option. If you do not require the high levels of compliance offered by dedicated servers but you do need the performance than virtual dedicated servers on Cloud could be the right choice for you.
CLOUD SERVERS WITH A MANAGED SERVICE LEVEL
Our first choice for Cloud Servers is the managed services by The Rackspace Cloud. This offer provides an additional level of support on Cloud Servers that includes monitoring, operating systems and application infrastructure layer support, and technical guidance.
Cloud Servers with a managed service level is ideal for any business or IT department that needs the on-demand availability and scalability of cloud computing, and requires support 24x7x365. With a managed service level on Cloud Servers, you receive:
- Monitoring—Choose up to four ping, port, or URL content monitors. Configure custom ports or purchase additional IPs for monitoring. Alerts will be sent to your dedicated, 24x7x365 A support team, who will take first responder action.
- OS/Application Support—Key operating systems and applications offered with 24x7x365 support (including updates and patches).
- Cloud Specialists—Server administrators have full insight into your environment, so we can help you plan for future growth and maximise your current cloud environment. You still have full admin access and control of your server.
As with all Rackspace products, you’ll always get:
- Access to a 24x7x365 support team via phone, chat and online support ticket
- 100% Network Uptime Guarantee
- Fanatical Support® anytime, anywhere, any way
The benefits of Cloud
Cloud or virtual dedicated hosting combines the strengths of both shared hosting and dedicated servers. It allows a company to access server resources “as a service” over the Internet.
This “on-demand” approach allows us to self-provision resources, as we need them in a pay-as-you-go manner. In short, cloud hosting promises to lower costs (in comparison the dedicated), reduce complexity and ensure you only pay for what you need.